Tuesday 13 April 2010

Full house and the future

It's half term, and my house if full of people. There's the usual suspects....Cassie (my wife), Charlotte(my daughter) and I. In addition to that, my mum's visiting to help with the childcare whilst we're both at work (and possibly letting us have a rare night out) as well as my younger brother. Today my 3 year old nephew arrived and like any toddler in a new environment wanted to explore and demolish everything!

I'm looking forward to a busy couple of days ahead, where I'm out and about seeing my clients, networking breakfasts and studying intently for my next tranche of professional exams next week.

After a visit to the Gadget Show Live last week, I seemed to spend most of the drive back reminiscing over the old technology on display...ahh, the satisfying screech of a tape deck and the half hour wait for a game to load. I wonder what the future holds for technology....

I'm also wondering what the future holds for my profession, however I know for sure a number of things. A move to greater professionalism is a good thing, both for clients and the large majority of good quality financial advisers out there. Also, Darwin was right when he said "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change."

I'm off now to enjoy a few seconds peace, a few hours sleep and then up again for another day....

No comments:

Post a Comment