Wednesday 12 May 2010

Family and giving something back

The most important thing in my life, like many of you, is my family. My daughter comes home from school every day with a brand new story of life in the classroom and playground. My wife is my best friend, greatest advocate and puts up with all my little foibles. However it's easy when you are busy dealing with the challenges of daily life to lose sight of this, and really how lucky I(and most of you) are.

At a networking event this morning, I was chatting to Viv Talbot of Richard House. Richard House supports families with children who have life-threatening illnesses, and the admirable work they do ensures the families they help are provided with a range of services including respite and end of life care.

I'm a firm believer in giving something back, and therefore I've decided to do get involved in helping Richard House raise some money. Therefore, I'll be doing the 10 bridge walk on the 23rd may with Charlotte coming along to keep me company.

I'll be setting up a just giving page over the next couple of days, and I'll make sure once this is done, it's posted on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment