Thursday 16 February 2012

My Top 3 Ted Talks...

One of my favourite websites is Ted.  Now you may be asking yourself, what or who is TED?  Allow me to explain...

TED is an organisation committed to spreading ideas.  At conferences across the world it has a range of expert speakers in their respective fields and then publishes their presentations on their website.  Whilst their are over a thousand different videos on their You Tube channel.....I wanted to share with you just three of the talks I found the most inspiring.  So, who's on with my List:-

Jamie Oliver

Cassie, my wife, loves Jamie Oliver.  She's got most of the cook books, and we even had one of his recipes for Christmas dinner!  I'm an admirer of fellow Essex resident Jamie for slightly different reasons....the work he has done to challenge child obesity and to get us all eating healthier.  Here is Jamie accepting the Ted Prize in 2010 and talking passionately about trying to make a difference....


Daniel Pink

Daniel has some surprising insights on business and motivation.  More specifically how motivation for creative tasks differ from more day to day tasks.  Based on research conducted by scientists...he argues that motivation comes not from financial incentives, but actually comes from the desire to control our own lives, the passion to get better and better at what we do, and the desire to do things because they make a difference.....


JR

The winner of the Ted Prize in 2011 was JR, a street artist from paris.  Now whilst I'm quite a traditional sort of chap when it comes to Art...the use of photography in areas of conflict and poverty provides an part shocking, part inspirational and part funny story about how creativity can make a difference...



So.....these are my 3 favourite TED talks, what are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment