Wednesday 11 April 2012

The Google art project - what do you think?

Today, as usual, I opened my search engine of choice, and probably the same one as most of you...Google.  Whilst I'm normally pleasantly surprised on the new additions I find on Google's main page, this one pleased me even more than usual.

The reason for my delight was that Google are working in conjunction with many of the top art galleries in the world (including the Musee Dorsey in Paris, the Tate Britain in London and The Metropolitan museum of art in New York) to display their collections online.

The new application (aptly titled the Google Art Project) has a number of really nice features, including the ability to take a virtual stroll (in a street view style) around your gallery of choice and the ability to search for pieces by artist, museum or geographically.

So, I'm suitably impressed....what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment