Thursday 26 April 2012

Top 3 Songs of the week....

For today's blog (and as i'm writing this on a Friday) I thought I'd write about something different.  So, for no other reason than the weekend is quickly approaching....I'm going to share with you 3 of the songs which seem to be consistently playing on my Ipod at the moment!

1.  Kings for the Weekend - Missing Andy


A great song from this 5 piece Essex based band who sound like a 21st century version of the likes of Madness and the Specials.  The band formed in Braintree, Essex (the same place as the Prodigy no less!) and the video, in my humble opinion, is fabulous too!

2.  Nothing's real but Love - Rebecca Ferguson


Personally, I think that winning a talent show is more of a curse than a blessing.  I'm therefore glad that Rebecca didn't win but took the time to release an album of true quality, which contained this gem of a song.

3.  A Change is gonna come - Aloe Blacc


Ok, so this one's not on the Ipod...but discovered via Youtube.  A classic Sam Cooke song further enhanced by the super smooth Mr Blacc.

So.....There are my 3 songs of the week.....what's playing on your Ipod at the moment?


No comments:

Post a Comment