Monday 12 March 2012

A little run in the park

I know I've mentioned previously in this Blog that I was running the Greenwich 15k in aid of Richard House....well this Saturday (the 9th March 2012) the run was completed.  I'm not a natural runner and therefore didn't have the fastest time in the world, but the aim was to finish....and finish I did!

To be frank, I've had easier Saturday mornings, but the fact that my 8 year old daughter completed the 2 kilometre run for kids at the start and then ran with me in the last 200 metres shouting encouragement all the way seemed to help.  It also helped that I continued to see Richard House T shirts on the way round and we tried to give each other encouragement as we passed each other.

Everyone did fantastically for Richard House, including my Running buddies Ted and Clive as well as Hannah, Sarah and Navdeep.  My daughter Charlotte and Clive's daughter Anna also showed the adults how it was done in the Children's 2k.

After the Run, Clive, Ted and I enjoyed a post run beer (by the time I'd finished it was lunchtime) and discussed what challenge to set ourselves next.  I think I volunteered to try a half marathon, although I hope they were using the old name for Snickers...I think I could manage that!

In case you are feeling generous and would like to support the great work Richard House continues to do, you can sponsor us here....and thanks for all your kind words of support on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment